Everyone wants nails to be proud of so if yours are less than perfect!
Here are a few quick tips to get them in great condition in no time:
- What you eat will reflect on the health of your nails, too.
- Lack of vitamin A and calcium causes dryness and brittleness.
- Lack of protein, folic acid, and vitamin C causes hangnails.
- White bands across the nails are caused by protein deficiency.
- A lack of sufficient hydrochloric acid can cause splitting nails.
- Insufficient zinc can cause the development of white spots on the nails.
- Cuts and cracks in the nails may indicate a need for more liquids.
- Red skin around your cuticles can be caused by the poor metabolism of essential fatty acids.
- Insufficient intake of vitamin B12 can lead to excessive dryness, very rounded and curved ends, and darkening of nails.
Here are the guidelines to follow for improving the health of your nails:
- Eat a diet composed of 50% fruit and raw vegetables to supply necessary vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
- Eat foods rich in sulfur and silicon, such as broccoli, fish, and onions.
- Include foods rich in biotins such as soy, brewers yeast, and whole grains.
- Drink plenty of water and other liquids.
- You may supplement your diet with royal jelly, spirulina, or kelp, which are rich in silica, zinc, and B vitamins and help to strengthen your nails.
- Drink fresh carrot juice daily, this is high in calcium and phosphorus and is excellent for strengthening nails.
- Eat well and your whole body will be better, healthier, and more beautiful!
- Apply nail varnish remover before doing your nails even if don’t need to remove any old polish, it prepares the nails by removing any grease so that your polish will last longer
- If you’re having trouble achieving the perfect French Manicure try using a white nail pencil underneath the nail tip instead of white polish you’ll find it much easier
- Give your nail varnish plenty of time for each layer to dry to ensure a lasting finish. If you’re likely to get impatient waiting around opt for a quick-drying formula like Lancome Vernis Instant Magnetic or LOreal Jet Set
- Always wipe the top of the nail varnish bottle with a cotton bud to get rid of any excess polish, this will prevent the bottle from becoming glued shut
- Lots of beauty companies have nail polishes available with matching lip colors for those seeking a co-ordinated look, ask at your local beauty counter
- Remember its much better to apply lots of thin coats of color rather than one thick one, it will dry quicker and last longer
- Try not to remove and reapply polish more than once or twice a week, as it will dry out your nails. Choosing a remover with built-in moisturizers will help limit the damage
- A hand massage will boost your circulation and encourage nail growth and is the perfect way to pamper yourself.