Eyelash extensions or enhancement: Not sure what to choose between eyelash extensions and eyelash enhancement? We list in this article the differences between each one, the advantages, the gestures not to do, but also our advice for maintaining them.
The difference between eyelash extensions and eyelash lift
Eyelash extensions are simply artificial eyelashes that are attached to your natural eyelash base to make it look longer and fuller.
There are several types of eyelash extensions that each have a different look.
- Eyelash extension: the most natural eyelash application. It consists of sticking an extension on the natural eyelashes with a thickness of about 0.15 mm.
- The Russian volume eyelash extension: for an extended and glamorous volume. This technique provides dense lashes. The thickness is about 0.04mm to 0.010mm.
You have beautiful eyelashes as soon as you wake up, no need to stay 1 hour in the bathroom, and better, no need to put on eye makeup!
Eyelash extensions offer a result of full and glamorous eyelashes. They allow you to have the same result as when you applied mascara, with a much more intense effect.
Eyelash Extension Care Tips
- First, your eyelashes should not receive water for 48 hours. So avoid movies that make you cry, no shampoo and of course, we ban the hammam session right after.
- It is essential to clean your eyelash extensions with an eyelash extension cleansing foam. In fact, dust and make-up residue can accumulate and get stuck between your natural eyelashes and your extensions. In order not to cause skin reactions, it is essential to clean your eyelashes.
- Finally, it is recommended to brush your eyelash extensions with a bottle brush or a mini mascara brush every day. Performing this gesture will allow you to discipline your extensions but also to distribute them in an equal range. Brush them from root to tip gently.
To fill the holes, the filling is to be done every month.
If you want to strengthen your eyelashes after eyelash extension, we advise you to apply castor oil daily.
Regarding the enhancement of eyelashes or even lash lifts, this technique allows for giving an ultra-glamorous curvature. It is quite simply a lifting of the eyelashes, created by a perm using silicone patches whose surface is curved. After applying a specific glue, the beautician comes to apply a permanent lotion which is to be left on for 15 minutes. Finally, she applies a fixing gel, which will also be left on for 10-15 minutes. To optimize eyelash enhancement, the beautician can come and apply a nourishing oil to the eyelashes.
You can also ask for an eyelash tint to intensify the look. This will save you from applying mascara every morning.
The enhancement, therefore, allows you to open your eyes while remaining natural. On the other hand, it does not allow multiplying the volume.
Lash Lift Maintenance Tips
Eyelash enhancement is a technique that does not require real maintenance. The only constraint is not to get your eyes wet in the 12 to 24 hours following the treatment.
Be careful all the same to respect a period of 2 and a half months between each session in order to prevent your eyelashes from drying out.
What are the benefits of eyelash extensions and eyelash lifts?
In order to facilitate your choice, here is a list of the assets on the application of eyelash extensions as well as eyelash enhancement:
The benefits of eyelash extensions
- Wake up with perfect eyelashes, finished looking tired in the morning.
- A time saver in the bathroom, more than brushing your eyelashes and finishing the mascara.
- No more panda eyes, you can cry, and bathe, and no trace of mascara will run, because you don’t need it anymore!
Benefits of an eyelash lift
- The natural result, indeed this method does not rely on the addition of false eyelashes or eyelash extensions.
- Curved and elongated eyelashes, no more need to use eyelash curlers.
- A hold of 6 to 8 weeks, varies according to the growth of your eyelashes.
- Possibility of applying make-up and greasy substances such as make-up remover oil.
- Simple and very quick maintenance.
What not to do for eyelash extensions
- Wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner. It must be removed with a greasy substance, which is not recommended when you have extensions.
- Secondly, a rule quite related to the first: do not apply a greasy product such as cleansing oil, or be-phased makeup remover on your eyes.
- Rubbing your eyes, obviously, if you don’t want to lose all your eyelashes after a few days, it’s better not to rub them constantly.
- Use make-up remover cotton pads. Indeed, the fibers may cling to the eyelashes.
- Apply a perm or dye.
- Use an eyelash curler, this will break the extensions.
What not to do for eyelash enhancement
- Do not wet lashes for 24 hours after enhancement
- Do not perm your eyelashes before 5 weeks
- Do not use mascara or eyeliner within 48 hours