Highlighter makeup is a must-have for anyone looking to achieve that glowing, dewy look. However, applying highlighter can be intimidating, especially if you’re new to makeup. With the right tools and techniques, anyone can learn how to apply highlighter like a pro. In this article, we’ll take you through a step-by-step guide to applying highlighter makeup.
Choosing the Right Highlighter
Before we dive into the application process, it’s important to choose the right highlighter for your skin tone and type. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Skin tone: If you have fair skin, opt for a highlighter with a pink or champagne tint. If you have medium to deep skin, try a golden or bronze highlighter.
- Skin type: If you have oily skin, choose a powder highlighter to prevent adding extra oil to your skin. If you have dry skin, opt for a liquid or cream highlighter for a dewy finish.
To apply highlighter, you’ll need a few tools. Here are the essentials:
- Highlighter: Of course, you’ll need a highlighter! Choose one that suits your skin tone and type.
- Fan brush: A fan brush is ideal for applying highlighter as it distributes the product evenly and avoids any harsh lines.
- Beauty blender: A beauty blender can help blend out any harsh lines and create a seamless finish.
- Setting spray: A setting spray will help your makeup last longer and give it a flawless finish.
Now that you have the right highlighter and tools, let’s dive into the application process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying highlighter:
- Begin with a clean, moisturized face. Apply your foundation and concealer as usual.
- Take your fan brush and dip it into the highlighter, tapping off any excess product.
- Apply the highlighter in a “C” shape along your cheekbones, starting at your temples and moving down towards the apples of your cheeks.
- Blend the highlighter in using your beauty blender. Make sure to blend any harsh lines to achieve a seamless finish.
- Apply a small amount of highlighter to the tip of your nose and the bridge of your nose for an added glow.
- Use the remaining product on your brush to lightly highlight your cupid’s bow and brow bone.
- Finish off by setting your makeup with a setting spray.
Highlighter is a great way to add a subtle or dramatic glow to your makeup look. With these simple steps and the right tools, anyone can achieve a flawless, radiant finish. Remember to choose a highlighter that suits your skin tone and type, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different techniques to find what works best for you.