Are you tired of waiting for longer, thicker hair? It’s time to take matters into your own hands and learn the tricks to grow your hair faster. In this article, we reveal the best tips and advice to achieve your goal: longer and stronger hair in no time.
How does hair grow?
Hair grows from hair follicles located under the skin. Each follicle (100,000 to 150,000) contains a hair root which is supplied by blood vessels, allowing the hair shaft to grow.
The hair undergoes a cycle of four phases :
- Growth is also called the anagen phase: in this phase, the hair grows with the help of a continuous supply of nutrients from the root to the matrix which allows cell multiplication. It is then this phase that will determine the length of the hair. It lasts several months to several years.
- The transition or catagen phase: lasts two to three weeks. During this phase, the hair follicle shrinks.
- Rest also called the telogen phase: is the moment when the hair remains attached to the scalp when it no longer grows. It can last up to three months.
- The expulsion or exogenous phase: during this part, the old hair falls out and the hair follicle returns to the growth phase.
The speed of hair growth can vary depending on many factors, such as age, genetics, nutrition, and general health. On average, human hair grows about 1.30 cm per month.
How to grow your hair faster?
Perform scalp massages
In order to activate the microcirculation of the scalp, massage it regularly. Work with your fingers or with the flat of your hands, this will allow you to loosen the roots well. Repeat the operation as often as possible for 1 to 2 minutes.
Similarly, if you wish to increase the effectiveness of the massage, it is possible to apply a stimulating serum at the level of the roots or even essential oil.
Grow your hair: Exfoliate the scalp
Exfoliating the scalp is very beneficial for hair growth. It eliminates excess sebum as well as dead skin that holds the hair at the root and will therefore prevent its growth.
Apply the exfoliant as a gentle massage for 5 minutes. The best is to leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes and then rinse. The idea is to repeat this operation once or twice a month.
Rinse your hair with cold water
After rinsing your care, it is time to proceed with the last rinse but this time with cold water. Indeed, the cold will activate blood microcirculation, which will boost hair growth. But that’s not all, it will also give a boost to the hair bulbs.
Bathe in vegetable oils
Castor oil is considered a carrier oil that can add shine and strength to your hair while stimulating hair growth.
There are two methods to use it:
- Mix a few drops in your usual shampoo
- Apply them directly to the scalp and lengths, then let them sit for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Use herbs or essential oils
Many plants promote the stimulation of hair growth such as:
- Peppermint: This plant moisturizes and calms an irritated scalp. It also stimulates the hair follicles.
- Rosemary: Ideal for purifying and cleansing the scalp. It also limits the appearance of dandruff.
- Ginkgo Biloba: soothes itching, improves blood circulation, and oxygenates the scalp.
- Lavender: eliminates dandruff and soothes the scalp.
- Rosemary: limits hair loss and stimulates growth.
- Aloe vera: rich in vitamins A, B6, and B9, it accelerates hair growth.
Adapt your hair routine
To have healthy hair, it is necessary to use the right care products. The key steps are shampoo, conditioner, and mask in order to achieve a healthier scalp.
For oily roots, it is recommended to use a specific shampoo from time to time. You can alternate this with your daily shampoo. Secondly, for damaged hair, it is advisable to use a range of gentle and nourishing shampoos to treat it.
It is advisable not to wash the hair every day to avoid damaging it and stunting its growth. For thick hair, a maximum washing frequency of 2 times per week is recommended. While for fine hair, 3 times a week is appropriate.
Cut her hair
In addition to care at home, it is important to have your hair done regularly by a professional. In addition, cutting your ends regularly helps stimulate hair growth while eliminating split ends and damaged ends that can slow down their growth. The ideal frequency depends on the texture of the hair, but in general, it is recommended to cut your hair every three months.
Growing out your hair: Reduce stress
Stress can affect hair growth in several ways. It can cause a reduction in the production of growth hormone. This phenomenon can lead to a reduction in the speed of hair growth.
Additionally, stress can also lead to hormonal changes that can trigger hair loss and hair loss.
Adapt your diet
Finally, if you want to have beautiful hair, it is necessary to pay attention to your diet. Promote foods rich in protein and vitamins such as meat, eggs, nuts, and legumes… In addition, vitamins and minerals such as omega-3 fatty acids, iron, vitamin D, and biotin can help improve hair health. A healthy and balanced diet can therefore help maintain healthy hair and stimulate hair growth.
Thus, you now have all the keys in hand to promote the growth of your hair! If you have any tips that we haven’t mentioned, don’t hesitate to give them to us in the comments.